Mari Mari Cultural Village is located deep in the countryside about 25 to 30 minutes away from the modern and developing Kota Kinabalu city. The village operates as a museum that preserves Borneo ethnic culture. It aims to share the knowledge, history, culture, and tradition of Borneo with you so that it is not forgotten. From rice-wine making to blow-pipe shooting to fire-starting, soak up some culture and sharpen those survival skills at the Mari-Mari Cultural Village. Experience Sabah, as it was.. as it is, the cultural village is engaging and educational for those who wish to get a glimpse of Sabah way back when we still lived in long-houses and practiced pagan rituals.
- 0900hrs Pickup from Hotel and transfer to Mari Mari Cultural Village.
- 1000hrs Upon arrival,your guide will give a briefing of the do’s and don’ts before going into the village.
- Tour commence, welcoming ceremony by the Murut Tribe Chief
- Enjoy a guided tour of each traditional houses and learn about the history, bamboo cooking demonstration, fire making demonstration, blowpipe demonstration and traditional dances in a remote forest setting. You’ll also get to participate in the light activities
- 1200hrs Lunch at Mari Mari Café.
- 1300hrs After lunch transfer back to Kota Kinabalu/Hotel.
Transportation, English Speaking Guide, Meals as stated & Entrance Fee
- We reserve the right to ALTER/CANCEL the tour if necessary due to weather/geographic circumstances for guest’s safety.
- Non-refund or postpone for any unused tour or cancel after reservation confirmed due to personal effects.
- Above stated rates exclude service fee for Tour Guide & Driver. Gratuities are subjected to guest for them.
- Minimum number of guest for departure is 02 Adults. Child’s rate applies to age 03yrs-11yrs.
- Other package such as overland to Sandakan for Sepilok Orang Utan Center, Sukau River Cruise, Ex semporna for Mabul / Sipadan Islands Diving and many more are available upon Request