Padas River is situated in the interior of southwestern part of Kota Kinabalu that is only accessible by train (used since the late 19th century in Borneo). Padas is classified as Class 3 – 4 River. The adrenaline rush excursion covers a distance of 9km of this rather muddy 200 km river that holds 7 exciting and tough rapids! These rapid carries amusing names such as Merry-Go-Round Rapid, Break Point Rapid, Scooby Doo Rapid, Cobra Rapid, Curve Rapid, Lambada Rapid and Head Hunter Rapid. Each rapid will give you the feel of the motion as what the name means. The journey will first take 1-½ hours overland through the countryside to Beaufort town. From thereupon, adventure begins with 1-½ hours train rides tracks along the Padas River that gives glimpses of the thrills and excitement to come. Upon arriving at the starting point, participant will be given safety briefing before going down the river. The ultimate challenge will speak for itself as one shoots through and experiences the nerve tingling excitement which crescendos rapid after rapid while getting a closer look at the Borneo’s amazing flora and fauna. After rafting, enjoy a sumptuous barbecue lunch by the river. Wind down with a sunset view of the return journey to Kota Kinabalu.
- 0520hrs Pickup from Hotel and transfer to Beaufort Railway Station.The journey takes about 2hrs drive through the scenic country.
- 0730hrs Arrive at Beaufort, Get onboard by train. The thrilling yet scenic ride will take around 1 ½ hours – 2 hours to get to PANGI STATION (starting point). Train will depart at 0750 hrs. There will be interchange of train at Halogilat Station. Proceed to Rayoh Sation stopped to keep your belonging and get change for rafting gears
- 1030hrs When arrived at Pangi, light refreshment will be served, Safety briefing will be conducted by Riverbug crew. Rafting commence from starting point to RAYOH (ending point) which will take about 1 ½ hours-2 hours (10km) includes of 8 points of rapids namely HEAD HUNTER, LAMBADA, COBRA, SCOOBY DOO, WASHING MACHINE, MARY GO ROUND, SNAKE HOUSE AND BBQ
- 1230hrs Expected time of arrive at Rayoh (ending point) for sumptuous lunch and after lunch we will depart back by train to BEAUFORT at 1330 hrs, estimated 2 hours – 2 ½ hours on train ride.
- 1545hrs Arrival at Beaufort Town and transfer by coach or van back to Kota Kinabalu city (your hotel) estimated 2 hours – 2 ½ hours.
- 1800hrs Estimated time of arrival in Kota Kinabalu
Transportation, Guide, Equipment, Lunch
- We reserve the right to ALTER/CANCEL the tour if necessary due to weather/geographic circumstances for guest’s safety.
- Non-refund or postpone for any unused tour or cancel after reservation confirmed due to personal effects.
- Above stated rates exclude service fee for Tour Guide & Driver. Gratuities are subjected to guest for them.
- Minimum number of guest for departure is 02 Adults. Child’s rate applies to age 03yrs-11yrs.
- Other package such as overland to Sandakan for Sepilok Orang Utan Center, Sukau River Cruise, Ex semporna for Mabul / Sipadan Islands Diving and many more are available upon Request