Pulau Tiga was essentially unfamiliar to many, until it became a household place name in America, much thanks to the highly successful TV Series, “Survivor”. Formed by an epic volcanic eruption over a hundred years ago, the name when translated means ‘Three’, inspired by the three undulating humps visible from a distance when approaching the island.he Pulau Tiga Park sits poised north of Kuala Penyu, covering an area of 158 square km and was gazzete as a National Park in 1978. As far back as 1933, the main island, together with the two smaller islands of Kalampunian Besar and Kalampunian Damit (better known as Snake Island) were designated as Forest Reserve. Sabah Parks maintains a number of trails through the forest, one of them leading to the intriguing mud “volcanoes”, where mineral-rich mud and gas slowly bubble up from deep underground.
- 0700hrs Pickup from Hotel and transfer to Kuala Penyu Jetty, journey will takes aprroximately 2 hours drive.
- 0900hrs Arrive at Kuala Penyu Jetty. Register at the counter
- 0930hrs Boat ride to Pulau Tiga Resort.( 30-40 minutes journey )
- 1000hrs Arrive at survivor Lodge PulauTiga , welcome drinks will be served and a short briefing about the island and the lodge will be conducted.
- Check in.
- 1230hrs Lunch will be served at restaurant.
- 1430hrs Gather at the assembly point for a short briefing of the jungle trek to the Mud Volcano. Proceed with a 30 minutes trekking to the Mud Volcano.
- 1530hrs Back to the lodge, Wash up at the beach. Free and Easy
- 1800hrs Dinner
- 0730hrs Breakfast is served.
- 0900hrs Check out and transfer back to Kuala Penyu Jetty
- 1000hrs Back to Kota Kinabalu
- 1230hrs Expected arrival at Kota Kinabalu
Boat & Land Transport, Guide, Meals , Accommodation and Entrance Fee
- We reserve the right to ALTER/CANCEL the tour if necessary due to weather/geographic circumstances for guest’s safety.
- Non-refund or postpone for any unused tour or cancel after reservation confirmed due to personal effects.
- Above stated rates exclude service fee for Tour Guide & Driver. Gratuities are subjected to guest for them.
- Minimum number of guest for departure is 02 Adults. Child’s rate applies to age 03yrs-11yrs.
- Other package such as overland to Sandakan for Sepilok Orang Utan Center, Sukau River Cruise, Ex semporna for Mabul / Sipadan Islands Diving and many more are available upon Request