Mantanani Islands 美人魚海島遊 is a group of three isolated islands located northwest of Kota Belud, about an hour’s drive from the state capital of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu. These islands are approximately 60 minutes boat-ride by speedboat from the mainland (depends on sea condition). The islands boast of crystal clear blue waters filled with a myriad of marine life and white sandy beaches fringed by coconut palm trees making it an excellent destination for snorkeling, scuba diving or island hopping. One of the main reasons that the Mantanani Islands have recently attracted many visitors, local and tourists alike is because of a special creature called ‘dugong’ or sea cow that resides around the island. Dugong sightings are not guaranteed as these mammals are very shy and will distance themselves especially with the sight of crowds. In addition, dugongs’ population is on the brink of extinction so you have to be extremely lucky to be able to spot one!
- 0700hrs Pick-up from Hotel and transfer to Kuala Abai Jetty, Kota Belud. Estimated travel time will be 1 hour & 45 minutes.
- 0900hrs Arrival at Jetty and depart by boat to Mantanani Island. Boat ride takes approx. 1 hour to the island.
- Upon arrival at Mantanani Island, freshen up and have some refreshment. Get changed.
Begin your activity. Snorkeling
- After lunch continue with activity.
- 1500hrs Depart back to Kuala Abai Jetty. Upon arrival, board van and proceed back to Kota Kinabalu and transfer to Hotel.
Land & Boat Transfer, Refreshment and Lunch, Snorkeling Gear and Guide
- We reserve the right to ALTER/CANCEL the tour if necessary due to weather/geographic circumstances for guest’s safety.
- Non-refund or postpone for any unused tour or cancel after reservation confirmed due to personal effects.
- Above stated rates exclude service fee for Tour Guide & Driver. Gratuities are subjected to guest for them.
- Minimum number of guest for departure is 02 Adults. Child’s rate applies to age 03yrs-11yrs.
- Other package such as overland to Sandakan for Sepilok Orang Utan Center, Sukau River Cruise, Ex semporna for Mabul / Sipadan Islands Diving and many more are available upon Request