Mount Kinabalu is a World Heritage Site located in the island of Borneo has lured millions adventure seekers from every corners of the world to experience her amazing beauty and its outstanding climbing tour experience. Via ferrata is an Italian word meaning “iron road”, it is a mountain activity route with series of rungs, rails and cables attached to the rock face. Using harnesses and carabiners, climbers are secure to the cables for safety, to the crux of the via ferrata (a steel cable) that runs along the route and anchored at regular intervals to the rock face. Via ferrata can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their climbing experience. The via ferrata in Mount Kinabalu is the first via ferrata in Asia and also the highest via ferrata in the world.
DAY 1 KOTA KINABALU / KINABALU PARK / TIMPOHON GATE / PENDANT HUT
- 0600hrs Pickup from Hotel in Kota Kinabalu and transfer to Kinabalu Park HQ
- 00hrs Arrive at Kinabalu Park HQ. (It takes about 1hr 45 min from Kota Kinabalu to the Park HQ)
- Pre-check in at Mountain Torq’s Kinabalu Park office for verification. Then head over to Sabah Parks’ Operation Counter for registration and payment. Meet your appointed Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 0830hrs Start hiking up Mt Kinabalu from Timpohon Gate @ 1,866m
- 1500hrs Arrive at Pendant Hut @ 3,289m and settle in
- 1530hrs pm Get acquainted with Mountain Torq trainer and attend the mandatory via ferrata safety briefing
- 1800hrs Dinner at Laban Rata’s restaurant
- 2000hrs Lights out
DAY 2 SUMMIT / WALK THE TORQ / TIMPOHON GATE / KINABALU PARK / KOTA KINABALU
- 0130hrs Wake up and have your early morning supper at Pendant Hut
- 0230hrs Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 0540hrs Catch the sunrise on Low’s Peak
- 0600hrs Descend from Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq’s Trainer
- 0715hrs Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for your Walk the Torq via ferrata experience (introductory via ferrata, French grade PD)
- 0930hrs Arrive at Pendant Hut for a well earned breakfast
- 1100hrs Check out of Pendant Hut & descend to Timpohon Gate with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 1600hrs Arrive at Timpohon Gate. You may drop by at Mountain Torq’s Kinabalu Park office to collect your well deserved certificates.
- 1700hrs Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu
- 1 x Night @ Pendant Hut ( Dormitory Style )
- Day 1 : Packed lunch
- Day 1 : Dinner @ Laban Rata Restaurant
- Day 2 : 1 early morning Continental breakfast/supper @ Pendant Hut
- Day 2 : Late morning American breakfast @ Pendant Hut
- Park Entrance Fee
- Climbing Permit
- Climbing Certificate
- Climbing Insurance
- Mountain Guide
- As stated per itinerary
- Meals not stated
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Accommodation @ Kota Kinabalu
- We reserve the right to ALTER/CANCEL the tour if necessary due to weather/geographic circumstances for guest’s safety.
- Non-refund or postpone for any unused tour or cancel after reservation confirmed due to personal effects.
- Above stated rates exclude service fee for Tour Guide & Driver. Gratuities are subjected to guest for them.
- Minimum number of guest for departure is 02 Adults. Child’s rate applies to age 03yrs-11yrs.
- Other package such as overland to Sandakan for Sepilok Orang Utan Center, Sukau River Cruise, Ex semporna for Mabul / Sipadan Islands Diving and many more are available upon Request